SAG Awards® Holiday Auction Begins Today Benefiting the SAG-AFTRA Foundation’s Children’s Literacy and Actor Assistance Programs
December 3, 2015
LOS ANGELES (Dec. 3, 2015) – The Screen Actors Guild Awards® Holiday Auction benefiting the SAG-AFTRA Foundation’s Children’s Literacy and Actor Assistance programs begins online today at 6 p.m. (PST) at sagawards.org/auction. The Holiday Auction features the ultimate SAG Awards® VIP Package, with two tickets to the 22nd Annual SAG Awards Ceremony and Gala on Saturday, Jan. 30, 2016. Other highlights include autographed film and television collectibles from Matt Damon, Will Smith, Aziz Ansari, Amy Poehler, the cast of “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2” and more. Also up for bid are unique gifts, such as VIP tickets to “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon,” premiere tickets to FX’s “The Americans” and a “Hollyscoop” Red Carpet Makeover package with two 22nd Annual SAG Awards Red Carpet Bleacher Seats. Bidding begins online today, Dec. 3, 2015, at 6 p.m. (PT) and concludes on Sunday, Dec. 13, 2015, at 6 p.m. (PT) at sagawards.org/auction.
All Holiday Auction items will be featured in a display for invited media and publicists at the SAG Awards Nominations Announcement at the Pacific Design Center on Wednesday, Dec. 9. The announcement will be carried live on TNT, TBS, truTV, sagawards.tntdrama.com and truTV.com at 10 a.m. (ET) / 7 a.m. (PT). Prior to the announcement, this year’s stunt ensemble nominees will be revealed during a live webcast at 9:50 a.m. (ET) / 6:50 a.m. (PT) on sagawards.tntdrama.com.
Proceeds from the SAG Awards Holiday Auction support the SAG-AFTRA Foundation’s award-winning children’s literacy programs: BookPALS (Performing Artists for Literacy in Schools), reading to more than 60,000 children monthly in classrooms and hospitals nationwide, and Storyline Online, the interactive literacy website that attracts more than 5.7 million global views each month. The auction also supports the SAG-AFTRA Foundation’s Catastrophic Health Fund, Emergency Assistance and Scholarship Program for SAG-AFTRA members and their families.
The following is a list of items up for bid at the SAG Awards Holiday Auction:
Experiences, Tapings and Packages
- SAG Awards VIP package – 2 tickets to the 22nd Annual SAG Awards Ceremony and Gala, a Backstage Tour, 2 United Airline tickets and 3-night stay at the Montage Beverly Hills
- “Hollyscoop” Makeover package and 2 Red Carpet Bleacher Seats. Arrive in style to the 22nd Annual SAG Awards with a Red Carpet Makeover by the “Hollyscoop” Glam Squad, which will be featured on the “Hollyscoop” National News Show
- SAG Awards Backstage Tour and 2 Red Carpet Bleacher Seats
- 4 Front Row Red Carpet Bleacher Seats to the 22nd Annual SAG Awards
- 2 tickets to FX’s season premiere of “The Americans”
- 2 tickets to one of Amazon’s 2016 Show Premieres
- 4 VIP tickets to a live taping of “Conan”
- 4 tickets to a taping of E!’s “Fashion Police”
- 2 VIP tickets to “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon”
- 2 VIP tickets to “Dancing with the Stars” in 2016
- 2 VIP tickets to “The Late Late Show with James Corden”
- 2 tickets to a taping of NBC’s The Voice Season 10 in Los Angeles
- 4 tickets to tour the National Public Radio’s Washington, D.C., headquarters and memorabilia
- Disney World “Park Hopper” package
- Florida Attractions package: Busch Gardens, Florida Aquarium, Museum of Science and Industry
- Orlando Attractions package: SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland
- Miami package: Miami Zoo, Miami Seaquarium, Butterfly World, Flamingo Gardens
- Central Florida Theatre package
- Central Florida Museum package
Autographed Collectibles and Memorabilia
- “Game of Thrones” script signed by George R.R. Martin
- “The Martian” poster signed by Matt Damon
- “Concussion” poster signed by Will Smith, Peter Landesman, Albert Brooks and David Morse
- “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2” poster signed by cast
- “The Book with No Pictures” hardcover book signed by B.J. Novak
- “Modern Romance” hardcover book signed by Aziz Ansari
- “My Anecdotal Life” and “How Paul Robeson Saved My Life” books signed by Carl Reiner
- 10th Anniversary Edition “The Walking Dead Issue #1” signed by Robert Kirkman
- “The Godfather” Blu-ray set signed by Al Pacino
- Showtime Swag Bag with “Masters of Sex,” “Homeland” and “Nurse Jackie” merchandise
- “Yes Please” hardcover book signed by Amy Poehler
- “Mad Men” Season 6 DVD set signed by cast
- “Diary of a Teenage Girl” poster signed by cast
- “The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt” poster signed by cast
- Champagne Taittinger Bottle signed by 21st Annual SAG Awards winners
- 21st Annual SAG Awards Tote Bag signed by 21st Annual SAG Awards winners
- 1 year of service from Vet on Demand
- FIJI Water Fitbit package
About the SAG-AFTRA Foundation
The SAG-AFTRA Foundation envisions a world where all artists can realize their dreams, and children are empowered to create their own. It is an educational, humanitarian and philanthropic 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, independent from SAG-AFTRA, and relies solely on support from grants, corporate sponsorships, and individual contributions to maintain its programs. The nonprofit gives back to the professionals of SAG-AFTRA, their families, and communities. The SAG-AFTRA Foundation provides vital assistance and educational programming to guild professionals while serving the public at large through its signature children’s literacy programs. For 30 years, the Foundation has granted more than $17 million in financial and medical assistance through its Catastrophic Health Fund and Emergency Assistance Programs, and $6.5 million in scholarships to SAG-AFTRA members and their dependents. In addition, the nonprofit has offered 6,200 free educational workshops, panels and screenings to union performers nationwide and its children’s literacy programs have brought the love of reading to more than 100 million children worldwide. For more information, visit www.sagaftra.foundation.
Connect with the Foundation:
Instagram: instagram.com/ sagaftraFOUND
About the 22nd Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards®
The 22nd Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards® presented by SAG-AFTRA with Screen Actors Guild Awards, LLC will be produced by Avalon Harbor Entertainment, Inc. and simulcast live on TNT and TBS on Saturday, Jan. 30, 2016 at 8 p.m. (ET) / 5 p.m. (PT). TBS and TNT subscribers will also be able to watch the SAG Awards live through the networks’ websites and mobile apps. In addition, TNT will present a primetime encore of the ceremony immediately following the live presentation. For more information about the SAG Awards®, SAG-AFTRA, TNT and TBS, visit sagawards.org/about.
Actor® nominations will be announced on Wednesday, Dec. 9, 2015, at 10 a.m. (ET) / 7 a.m. (PT), carried live on TNT, TBS, truTV, sagawards.tntdrama.com and truTV.com preceded by the announcement of the Stunt Ensemble nominations at 9:50 a.m. (ET) / 6:50 a.m. (PT) carried live on sagawards.tntdrama.com.
One of the awards season’s premier events, the SAG Awards® annually celebrates the outstanding motion pictures and television performances from the previous calendar year. Of the top industry honors presented to actors, only the SAG Awards are selected entirely by more than 111,000 performers’ peers in SAG-AFTRA. The SAG Awards was the first televised awards show to acknowledge the work of union members and the first to present awards to motion picture casts and television ensembles. For more information about the SAG Awards®, SAG-AFTRA, TNT and TBS, visit sagawards.org/about.
Requests for photos and graphics for the 22nd Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connect with the SAG Awards®
Google +: http://google.com/+SAGawards/